Trademark is pleased to have helped rejuvenate the learning spaces at Methven Primary School in Canterbury.
Here's what the principal, Sue Furndorfler, had to say at the start of the term:
"Our school has been a hive of activity over the holidays with Trademark Construction and crew working hard to get our renovations completed in our middle block. We are very pleased with the results and now have four unique learning spaces that allow for internal interaction between students across the block. We have improved floor coverings, soundproofing, and heating/cooling systems. An external door has been added so we can move between our Year 3 & 4 spaces with greater ease. Pop in and have a walkthrough as they look great!"
The ILE (Innovative Learning Environment) and DQLS (Designing Quality Learning Spaces) upgrades involved:
- creating new, wider openings between classrooms and adding double-glazed/clear-glazed sliding doors to provide visual transparency between learning and breakout spaces
- replacing wall linings with new acoustic-rated wall linings resulting in acoustic and aesthetic improvements
- replacing lighting to complement the classroom layouts
- replacing older heat pumps
- installing a fire detection and alarm system
- replacing floor coverings and installing new joinery units
- adding new soffits, and a deck with handrail.