Trademark Construction, Christchurch, is carrying out seismic strengthening work for the Department of Conservation on the Godley Head coastal defence battery, which is ranked as one of the top ten New Zealand coastal defence heritage sites.
This work on the gun emplacements and battery observation post will prevent further deterioration of these structures and allow this popular, historic site to be reopened to the public.
The project promises to be particularly interesting due to the unique function and form of these buildings and structures.
Contract works include:
- Repair of roof membrane to Gun Emplacement 1 (GE1) & Gun Emplacement 2 (GE2)
- Repair of cracks in reinforced concrete external/internal buildings
- Repair of concrete spalling
- Repairs to brickwork
- Structural steel installation
- Minor electrical (solar) works